For last 3 months, me and my two other friends worked hard for this event. We needed to provide our juniors a platform from where they can learn. The gluttony of the events held presently in Prastuti always made me sad. To get over all these things, we brought Perceptron.
Perceptron is a event based on Computer Vision. The aim of this event is to develop a Face detection framework from a scratch in matlab . We used the paper of Viola and Jones for reference. It took us 4 workshops to present the overview of the system to a audience who had no previous knowledge about machine learning or image processing!! Personally I think, we may went just too harsh on them. Nevertheless, there were 24 students who sticked till the final day of the event.
The whole procedure looked something like this:
- workshop 1 ( 4-Jan-2014 ):
- Formation of Integral Images.
- Introduction to convolution and Haar features.
- Basic needs of a face detection framework as a whole.
- What is machine learning?
- Supervised vs Unsupervised learning
- Classification vs Regression.
- Introduction to Perceptron Learning algorithm.
- Challenge 1 released.
- Code PLA in Matlab step by step.
- Disadvantages of PLA and its ineffectiveness against non-linear separable data.
- Modifications in PLA to make it more flexible.
- A revision of Face detection framework.
- Challenge 2 released.
- Framework revision.
- Introduction to Adaboost.
- Challenge 3 released
Stills from the workshops :)
Here me and my teammate showing how to calculate error in the adaboost algorithm used in Viola Jones framework.
Me and my team in action.